Friday, December 13, 2013

Batam Famous Fish Soup

Here's my Culinary journey, and sorry for late posting it because still process in my review to make a perfect review for you my dear readers.

3 weeks ago I just spent my simple and very short holiday for just a refreshing because already stuck in my fully biggy jobs, as I mean a very many jobs to do... #LOLS

I went to Riau Province, I have friend there so that he took me around and as I ever read in Mr. Bondan Winarno Maknyuss book, the famous Fish Soup at Riau located at Nagoya Centre, the one that Mr. Bondan ever went was "Yong Kee Istimewa".

Actually it's just the same as Medan Food house, but their specialty was the Fish Soup.
The fish soup here was the hybrid from the Tionghuaneese, and the ingredients of the Fish Soup itself also so traditional Tionghua people usually used in cooking, such like Tongcai (the fermentation of "sawi pahit"), the green tomato, and so on.

The growth of fish soup during cooking new creations are the iconic Batam and Riau Islands. We also see a hybrid cuisine of Tionghua. It is very clear that the presence of Tongcai and mustard sauce in the soup is made ​​fresh and fragrant stew.


In the fish soup broth is diluted fish broth which was very tasty but not too fast to make "eneg" (too much) and thirst because the sauce does not use too much pepper. In lieu of feeling on, they use mustard bitter (or commonly called Tongcai) are already salted and green tomato that make the soup very tasty.


The texture of the fish was also very soft where they use the fish fillets, mackerel fish meat that is already tender textures. The fish did not seem fishy smell again because the soak lime and also the effect of the use of mustard soup taste bitter in salted it.

 

Beside the fish soup, the iconic of Riau was the "Otak-otak Khas Riau", actually otak-otak was iconic food from Java, but Riau Otak-otak have their own style, you can look up to my photos, the colors was reddish.
Otak-otak was kind of fish ball that in flat shape, they cooked it by fire it up under the small fire and covered up with banana leaves, so that the Otak-otak will taste more better.



  Frankly speaking, I still miss Riau, loved the scenery, the clean city, the ocean and of course the culinary..
Ahh... I may dream of it.. LOLS

Good Luck :)
Au Revoir.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment