Saturday, January 11, 2014

Medan Sidewalk Culinary "Mbak Bolek"

Sidewalk culinary was always the favorite search for every Medan citizen. As for the rainy day that I run every time I would like to search for foods, makes my mood a bit ruined sometimes.
So for making the mood and the rainy day complete that's why I craved a spicy food.

The spicy food I mean here was "Pecel lele". What is that? Pecel lele was just a nickname of a Nasi Lemak with some side dish like fried chicken, fried tofu, tempe or even fried fish, with spicy belacan of the sauce.
Belacan was kind of spicy sauce made of some ingredients of chili paste (terasi), some garlics, onions and the chili itself.
Then minced all of it into one and mashed into a stone bowl. Belacan was kind of traditional spicy sauce that always present in every food.

Then if we craved Pecel Lele, we didn't need to cash out a lot of money, because whether it was delicious and of course it was cheap.

I choose "Mbak Bolek" located at Cemara Boulevard the branch from Wajir st. then I ordered 2 portion of Nasi Lemak/uduk, 2 hot tea, a portion of fried tempe, a portion of inside out fried tofu with shrimps balls inside (Tahu Balik), then a piece of fried chicken and a piece of fried fish. It just cost us idr 65k.
Cheap isn't it?



 (Nasi Lemak w/ Fried Fish)
 (Nasi Lemak w/ Fried Chicken)
 (Fried Tempe)
 (Fried Tahu Balik)

The funny thing that I didn't even know that so many people love the Tahu Balik, the result was when I posting into my instagram, I got so many likes from the instagrammers. LOLS

Good luck and have a good food everyone #culinarypassiongirl
Au revoir..

No comments:

Post a Comment