Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pilastro Cafe & Pilasto Xpress - Medan (CNY Holiday Season)

Hi guys!
Happy Chinese New Year 2016!  
恭喜发财!
新年快乐!

I hope all of you the best of luck, health, and wealth in this year of 2016.
Since welcoming the CNY, I took off from office for a whole week to be spent at my lovely home-town, Medan, with my families and friends.

On that moment, I've got some time to visit some cafe and restaurant.
Street food and home-based restaurant too of course!

My first list was "Pilastro Cafe" which was my favourite coffee place at Medan.
Mr. Ben (one of the PIC...pssttt...) updated me long time before I flew to Medan that they opened the other Pilastro, called Pilastro Xpress.

Why Xpress?
Because the location was in a Shopping Mall which also was the centre of Civic Centre that you can see a lot of employees passing by.
They only have one hour resting time, so Pilastro Xpress serves the xpress food for them and they won't wait so long for lunch :)


 Pilastro Xpress - Sun Plaza LG floor - Medan


Since I can visit both Pilastro Cafe and Pilastro Xpress, here's some shoot of the menu I ordered.

Let me start from #Coffee first.
As you know that I'm a coffee-holic and coffee-addict since the first I knew Pilastro.

Goes to Latte!
Mr. Ben introduced me the new Latte which called "Relationship".
Why?
Because the latte itself blend with Papua, Malabar and Flores Coffee beans and you can get the relationship of sweetness after-taste.

Relationship tasting note :
Bold, Milky, Bitterness wise
Sweet after-taste.
Relationship - Idr 45k (Pilastro Cafe)

Next up to Single Origin - Manual Brew, my "extra-super addiction" #LOLS

That day I ordered the "limited" single origin of :
1. Cerrado (Brazil) IDR 39k- Wawan Roastery @kopipakwawan
    Tasting note : fresh acidity, mild and fruity after-taste.

2. N2 Hachira IDR 45k - Wawan Roastery
    Tasting note : Acid wise, strong and clean after-taste.
Single Origin - Manual Brew (V60) - Pilastro Cafe

The trend now is sip a cup of coffee with a slice of "Banana cake"
That's why with additional IDR 15k along with the single origin, I can get the sensational and delish Banana Tea Cake.

Tasted so good, and the banana not too overpowering which I loved the most.
PS : I don't really like banana

Banana Tea Cake - IDR 35k (Pilastro Cafe ; Pilastro Xpress)

After coffee-ing, let's us jump too the lickin' good appetizers.

Chicken Quesadilla, some of new menu from Pilastro Cafe which tasted wise and savour, the chicken itself moist and tender.
But for me, eating Quesadilla without guacamole is not perfect, since the Quesadilla filling were thick, I bet you'll be hard to dip into Guacamole :D

Find out what is Guacamole here.
 Chicken Quesadilla - IDR 37.5k (Pilastro Cafe)

Who doesn't like Egg Benedict?
Look at the pouched egg which will melt your appetite complete with the hollandaise sauce that make all just so puurrrfffeeccttt!


Egg Benedict - IDR 55k (Pilastro Cafe)

I won't going home from Pilastro without "pasta".
One and the only favourite of mine is "Spaghetti Aglio Olio" which one of the best meal to choose at Pilastro Cafe or Pilastro Xpress.

Simple but you won't miss the garlic scent that came out to make you always mesmerizing it.


 Spaghetti Aglio Olio - IDR 35k (Pilastro Cafe & Pilastro Xpress)

Next to new pasta menu at Pilastro is "Spaghetti Bolognaise".
Tomato and the melted cheese was just so Match!
Must Try guys.


Spaghetti Bolognaise - IDR 45k (Pilastro Cafe & Pilastro Xpress)

How about Fresh beverages after food?
Showing you the Red Velvet Espreski with one shot espresso that just really fresh me up!

 Red Velvet Espreski - IDR 37.5k (Pilastro Cafe & Pilastro Xpress)

On my visiting time, I've got a chance to meet one foodie from Singapore that introduced by Mr. Ben.

He's the Big Roy. 
So funky and humble and very nice chitchat with him (sorry I don't post the photo with him here, you can check on my instagram.)
Surf his website here ---> eatwithroy.com

Last before I'm going back home, Mr. Ben made the new flavour of Gelato that available now on menu.

It's "Boldpresso" which process from vanilla gelato with a shot of espresso and ovomaltine.
You know what? It's heavenly good!


 Boldpresso - IDR 45k (Pilastro Cafe & Pilastro Xpress)

After all, the quality of the taste that Pilastro serves still balance and always surprisingly good.
Even I already here at Cibubur for 10 months, but the warm hospitality from best friends at Pilastro still stay in my heart.

Thanks for greeting me when I took holiday in Medan.
See you in another chance Mr. Ben and Mrs. Yen.



Where there's a good food and a cup of good coffee, you'll always surround with good friends.

All you need is LOVE and a cup of COFFEE! #culinarypassiongirl

Have good food everyone.
Au revoir.
==================================================
Pilastro Cafe
Jl. Bukit Barisan no.3H-I 
Medan
Phone : +6261-4524199
Instagram : @pilastro_mdn

Pilastro Xpress
Sun Plaza, Level LG, Block C 32-36, Medan
Catering service : +6261-4501042
Instagram : @pilastroxpress 

No comments:

Post a Comment