Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year 2014 - Sunday Cafe Medan

Happy Chinese New Year 2014, hope this Chinese Horse Year will give and bless all of us the best year of 2014 ever!
Sorry for late posting my dear readers, because as usual, every year, visiting families, siblings, and friends.
I have a very big family branches, even from mom and from dad, that's why I got no time for sitting down in front of my lappie to write new post.
And most of my besties that was back to hometown for enjoying Chinese New Year and of course they're having a holiday of their college after midtest, most of them are continuing to study abroad.

Talking about Chinese New Year (shortcut CNY), I went to Sunday Cafe that located at Sun Plaza 4th floor with some friends to having dinner before continued to cinema.
And fyi, Sunday Cafe always changed their cafe theme every big event like christmas, cny, even they create a lot of theme for making their cafe unique, with dark black ground and playing with the lightning.

Then because it was CNY, and tadaaaa... here is the photos that I snapped while waiting for the food.




See, how beautiful they put the lanterns, fake firecrackers, the cherry blossoms and so on that describe the CNY theme. :)

Okay, let's jump to the foods, as we are four people that time, but we just ordered three dishes because one of us was full already.
First one, the grilled oxtail that complete with soup, it cost Idr 80k per portion. The grilled oxtail was the favorite menu here. And as for me, the price worth the taste! Good taste!
A recommended one, as usually cafe didn't served traditional cuisine, but at Sunday Cafe, you'll be easily to have a big chance to taste it.

(Grilled Oxtail Rice Complete with Soup)

Next one was the Sunday's special fried rice, as for me the taste was so so, like the usual and common fried rice that every food house and cafe have. It cost us Idr 38k per portion. 

(Sunday's Special Fried Rice)

As for me, because I was bored of eating food that contains meat, so that I ordered the Vegetarian Creamy Fettucine for my dine. Frankly speaking, it was Delicious! with some of pepper cube slice, black pepper that make the fresh taste came out. I think it was from the fresh vegetables they used and the fresh milk they used. It cost us Idr 27k, and it worth even no meat.

(Vegetarian Creamy Fettucine)

Then I was coming to introduce you the specialty drinks here, it call "Ice lemongrass", in Indonesia we called it "Es Lemon Sereh".
The Ice lemongrass was so, so, so, so, fresh, as we're all in a very fatigue condition, and we all ordered this for giving us back the energy to continue for cinema after a whole day shopping out the money, LOLS.
It cost us Idr 18k/glass. A must try and a recommended one :)

(Ice Lemongrass)

So, how you spent your CNY (for you that celebrate it) my dear readers? I hope you'all have a very wonderful this Chinese Horse Year 2014. I also hoped for the best and be more confident to learn more about this culinary hunting, even I was still in progress of learning.
Nobody's perfect right? Then we just turn the progress into perfection, that's the way to win it.

Once again, Happy Chinese New Year 2014 everyone. Me love ya..
Good luck and have a good food everyone #culinarypassiongirl
Au revoir...

No comments:

Post a Comment