Friday, June 10, 2016

Datin Ong, Malaysian Authentic Bak Kut Teh - Medan

Hola Bonjour!

Last 2 weeks, I've posted on my Instagram that I was back to my hometown for few days because of my lost (read : my grandpa passed away).
Hope he's Rest in peace. #pray

Along my day at Medan, I took some short free time to have family dinner at Datin Ong, located at Centre Point Mall.

I got this review from makanmana.net which they went to this place almost 2 to 4 times, it makes curious about that place which my daddy also loves Bak Kut Teh. 

The place have been designed so oriental and in chinese classic touch which we're also been companied by the Chinese oriental and oldies songs.
Guarantee you, Oldies would like to have fun here #crossfingers


The lightning and the ambience really perfect which I loved the most.
I just can't get enough of that beautiful lamp in bird cages, it's quite usual but the placement and the design seems very chic to me.


Jump up to the food!
Of course the one MUST TRY is the "Bak Kut Teh" which I ordered the Medium size for four of us.
Price level here are mostly quite competitive, as for me it's still worth every penny of my wallet :D

Medium size Malaysia Bak Kut Teh - Datin Ong

Look! the pork belly, the mushrooms and others were just so suitable for sharing with the bold taste coming up from the herbal soup.
Can I just skip all my review and let me just finish up this gorgeous Bak Kut Teh?

Next up to the recommended (as said in menu) Yong Tau Fu Tauco, which they served in a clay pot with balance taste of the Tauco itself.
This Yong Tau Fu turns out to be very good in flavour and seems like the menu didn't lie, is it?

Yong Tau Fu Tauco - Datin Ong

The others we ordered were Tahu Pong with Herbal Soup, Sauteed PoeLeng with Oyster sauce and the Rice in Claypot (frankly speaking, I forget the name).

The others dishes that we ordered also turns out to be very satisfying our belly.

 PoeLeng with Oyster sauce - Datin Ong


 Pork Rice in Claypot - Datin Ong

 Tahu Pong with Herbal Soup - Datin Ong

Satisfaction is when your tummy are full and happy! #Lols

Since we're all eating very severe dishes which contain a lot of porkie, thus we ordered the original hot tea to endure the fat of the porkie inside our organ system.



Mommy loves Datin Ong,
Daddy loves Datin Ong,
which mean me and my brother also loves the Bak Kut Teh (esp). :D

They served the real Malaysian Authentic Bak Kut Teh, whether not 100% same but almost similar to the one that I'd ever crave at Malaysia.

Once again, Happy Tummy still the best!
For 4 person, you need to prepare only Idr300k for these delish dishes.

Have a good food everybody #culinarypassion_girl
Au Revoir.....
===================================================
DATIN ONG
Komplek Ruko Centre Point Mall Blok M-9
Medan

Get the direction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment