Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rons Laboratory Social Media Gathering - Medan

Hi there, I'm so sorry that I've been missing a few months.
You know somekind of crazy jobs awaiting me day by day and my lappie was not working well.

Thanks god that I can exactly write on my Food Diary Blog again and my lappie was cured!

Okay, this time I'd like to share to all of you about Rons Laboratory (yeah I know it passed so many days already).

I've been invited to the Social Media Gathering at Rons Laboratory 19th December 2014 to learn more about what is Molecular Gastronomy and why they using such technique into gelato.
Congratz by the way!


 Mr. Ronald Prasanto known as the best of the Molecular Gastronomy expertise that came out the greatest idea to opened up a Gelato Shop by using molecular gastronomy technique.



I came earlier than everyone who were invited too and I choose to sat on the first row, Mr. Ronald said to me "First row will always the best" and yes he's right, all the things that he demonstrated and I'll be the first one to have a chance to try it, so lucky.

Never forget to give my big thanks for Mr. Benny also that invited me and who is the one that teached and shared a lot of coffee knowledge to me.



Okay, what is Molecular Gastronomy?
As I've already explain on my Instagram, is a subdiscipline of food science that seek to investigate the physical and chemical transformation of ingredients that occur in cooking.
In molecular gastronomy, cooking was recognized to have three components which are social, artistic and technical.

There are so many technique in molecular gastronomy, one of them that I learned from Mr Ronald demonstration was the spherification.
Spherification is the culinary process of shaping a liquid into spheres which visually and texturally assembly roe.

Here's some pictures I show you the results of the spherification.
Mr Ronald used the passion fruits that was the identical fruits from Medan and made it into a form of jelly texture. 


(Full platter of Passion fruits gelato, avocado gelato, and red velvet gelato with some side compliments of passion fruits caviar and the sparkling grapes)

The caviar were the form of passion fruits liquid into a texture of small jelly that Mr Ronald used the technique of spherification.
The based important ingredients that use in spherification was the calsium.

Done with the explanation, now it's time for ice cream! Who doesn't loves ice cream?
In Rons Laboratory they used the Italian words of ice cream to Gelato.

Remember! Every months on the date of 15th they will add new taste of the gelato and remove some taste from the menu.

In their gelato, they used the Liquid of Nitrogen to freeze the gelato faster that usual. It only took around 2 - 3 minutes only to served your gelato.
Even some of customers think that Rons Lab gelato were expensive but I found that every foods that using that kind of technique were worth the price.



 The Wicked Ginger with Bailey's - Christmas edition only

 The Accio Red Velvet with Injection

Winter Dream - with some mint taste inside

As you know, learning more about culinary world is exactly fun that ever!
I'm so grateful can know these people and learn more from the expertise. It's kind of new things that happening in Medan, but I do believe that people can accept the new things and experience more in Culinary.

So, keep calm and enjoy the Gelato!
Au Revoir....
=======================================================================
Rons Laboratory
Sun Plaza LG Floor
Medan
Instagram : @ronslaboratory

No comments:

Post a Comment