Thursday, June 26, 2014

Unique Concept "Riceville" - Medan


New resto opened up at my beloved Medan City, named Riceville. Simple name but they had their unique concept of the interior design.
The interior was unique because it's very urban style of design, a little bit of country but seems more urban.

They served mostly asian cuisine, just a little bit western foods. Sayings about asian cuisine, I thought of oriental foods. My thoughts was wrong because they exist more on Thai-foods.
Don't worry guys, the foods price here was friendly with your 'pocket', around IDR 10k - 45k only.



The resto was built in two level, 1st level was non smoking area and 2nd level was smoking area. The building was ex-resto of Warung Tekko.

Why don't we step on the foods that I ordered? :)
I challenge myself to experience Thai-cuisine that based in Medan.
So let us see the Olive Fried Rice (Idr 27.5k). What I experienced here, the fried rice was perfect as the recommendation of the waitress. I can taste almost the scent of Olive oil itself, not too salty and it was just as good as the name. This is highly RECOMMENDED!


(Olive Fried Rice)

Next to the Nam Ya Fish Laksa (Idr 29.5k). The laksa was kind of mallaca laksa, more creamy cause of using the coconut milk. Nam Ya Fish Laksa was very tasty, savory but how come they used the spaghetti to became the main noodle? I found that was not suitable, better used mee-hoon.

(Nam Ya Fish Laksa)

I will not leave without finger foods. Bangkok Fish Cake (Idr 23.5k) is a specialty finger foods at Bangkok, sadly when I travelled Bangkok I didn't even eat this.
Riceville served the Fish cake on good taste level but I found out the fish quiet smelly. Whatever it is, my mom loved the Fish Cake :)

(Bangkok Fish Cake)

We just ordered the simple drinks of Thai Ice Tea (Idr 15.5k) and Lemon Tea (Idr 14.5k). The beverages for me still on average level.

(Left : Thai Ice Tea - Right : Ice Lemon Tea)

No matter what, why, when, who and how (LOLS), Medan still the best city of culinary. I can see from my research of the booming of many cafes, restaurants opening one by one.
I just hope that the traditional cuisine of Medan will always exist and never gone/disappear

Good luck and have a good food everyone #culinarypassiongirl
Au revoir...
=====================================================================
Riceville
Opening hours : 11.00 am - 10.00 pm
Jl. Haji Misbah, Komp.Multatuli Block CC no. 42-43
Medan

No comments:

Post a Comment